Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple recipe to prepare, delicious with fresh vegetables from your summer garden. Serve over your favorite rice for a complete meal.
- 1 recipe basic meatballs (prepared from Basic Meatballs)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 2 tomatoes (Cut each tomato into 8 wedges.)
- Prepare the basic meatballs recipe #8060 and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic, thyme leaves, mushrooms, and zucchini; cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked meatballs; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the salt and cheese.
- Add the tomato wedges, cover and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice for a complete meal.
Love this and making it for over 30 years but not often because my husband is not a fan of zucchini, tomatoes or mushrooms, but my children now grown up loved it too. What recipe book is this from? it is driving me crazy :) I copied it from one of my roommates in college. I love this recipe and am wondering about the cookbook and other recipes. I remember that the meatballs were a separate recipe as you have it . thanks
What I loved most about these was the added zucchini and mushrooms. I amde them for the 1st time for some comany and froze some for later. This would be good with pasta or rice (I served it with Jasmine rice). Good hearty meal.