Recipe by - Carla -
This is a simple recipe to prepare, delicious with fresh vegetables from your summer garden. Serve over your favorite rice for a complete meal.
Top Review by CYNTHIA T.
Love this and making it for over 30 years but not often because my husband is not a fan of zucchini, tomatoes or mushrooms, but my children now grown up loved it too. What recipe book is this from? it is driving me crazy :) I copied it from one of my roommates in college. I love this recipe and am wondering about the cookbook and other recipes. I remember that the meatballs were a separate recipe as you have it . thanks
- 1 recipe basic meatballs (prepared from Carla's Basic Meatballs)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 2 tomatoes (Cut each tomato into 8 wedges.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the basic meatballs recipe #8060 and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic, thyme leaves, mushrooms, and zucchini; cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked meatballs; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the salt and cheese.
- Add the tomato wedges, cover and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice for a complete meal.