Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A surprise recipe from Gerber Baby Food.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar squash baby food
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dates, chopped
- Cream shortening and surgar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add squash.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Reserve 1/4 cup flour mixture and work it into the dates and nuts.
- Add flour mixture to squash mixture.
- Stir dates and nuts into batter.
- Turn batter into greased 9 x 5 x 3-1/2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour or until done.
- Makes 1 loaf.