Recipe by FloridaGrl
These are really easy, and really good. Keep the ingredients on hand to make at a moment's notice during the Holidays.
Top Review by brokedownrage
I got this from cooking light mag not from this site, but wanted to stop by to say how wonderful it is!! Easy to make - and if you double the recipe you actually get enough to make three tray worth!
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 (2 1/8 ounce) packages miniature phyllo cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven t o350°F
- Combine sweet potato,granulated sugar,cinnamon,and salt, stirring well.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, syrup,vanilla, and egg white, stirring well.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon sweet potato mixture into each phyllo shell, spreading to edges. Spoon about 1/2 tspn of pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture. Place filled shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serving size: 2 tarts.