Recipe by DJM
Flavorful, colorful, with a hint of horseradish and a little crunch of carrot. This recipe came from a friend of my sister-in-law.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup grated raw carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream or 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- paprika, for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour.
- When cool enough to handle, slice off top third of the potato.
- Scoop out the flesh of both pieces,leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell on the larger piece and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Discard the skin from the smaller piece.
- Add the grated carrot, parsley, green onions, horseradish, sour cream, melted butter and mix gently with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture among the shells.
- sprinkle the tops with the grated cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 20 minutes, until hot.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.