2 hrs 20 mins
The savoury sour cream sauce makes this dish ... yummy! Depending on the size of your chops, the servings may vary from 6-8. Can't fit all of the stuffing? The size of your chops may not accomodate all of the stuffing, but extra stuffing makes a great side for another meal --- see the note in the recipe for details.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork chops (6-8 thick chops)
- 3 kaiser rolls, day old
- 4 ounces dried currants
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 apples (sour variety like granny smith)
- 4 ounces pitted prunes
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Slice each pork chop open so that it forms a pouch.
- 2Rub salt and pepper generously into the meat.
- 3Cut the rolls into small cubes and brown them in butter; put the browned cubes in a bowl.
- 4Add raisins, chopped apples, quartered prunes, finely chopped parsley, and the egg to the croutons and mix well.
- 5Add cardamom, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and stir.
- 6Divide the stuffing among the pork chops, filling each pouch.
- 7Note: If you have too much stuffing for the chops, spoon it into a buttered baking dish reserve it as a side dish for another meal.
- 8To serve-- bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree F oven; this is great served with chicken or pork as a side dish.
- 9Either lace the chops shut with kitchen twine and a kitchen needle, or use toothpicks to hold the stuffed chops together.
- 10Melt the butter in a large skillet and sear the stuffed chops over high heat until nicely browned on both sides.
- 11Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pan, reduce the heat to low, cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- 12Remove the chops to a heated platter.
- 13If pan juices have boiled down, add 1/2 cup of hot water to the pan and deglaze the bottom.
- 14If pan juices have not boiled down, turn heat to medium high and reduce until only about 1/2 cup of liquid remains.
- 15Stir in the sour cream and flour and thicken the sauce over medium heat for 5- 10 minutes.
- 16Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- 17Spoon a generous amount of sauce onto each serving plate and top with a stuffed chop.
- 18Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.6
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 226.0 mg
- Sodium 360.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 53.6 g