1 hr 20 mins
Nothing nicer that a fresh fruit streusel coffee cake warm from the oven! Adapted from Canadian Living magazine (1999)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ripe peaches, about 1 1/4 lbs (choice of fruit, use plums, nectarines, apples or pears)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1Peel peaches, (but not plums or nectarines, if using).
- 2Cut fruit in half and remove pits.
- 3Place, cut side down, on cutting board, slice thinly; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Beat in eggs, one at a time, beat in vanilla.
- 6In a separate bowl, whisk together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with sour cream, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of sour cream.
- 7Spread batter evenly in greased 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- 8Without overlapping, arrange sliced fruit attractively over top.
- 9Streusel: In a bowl, mix together sugar, flour, almonds and ginger with pastry blender of 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly.
- 10Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- 11Bake in centre of 350°F oven for about 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 12Let cool in pan on rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 489.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: