Prep 45 mins
Cook 9 hrs
In 'Make it Fast, Cook it Slow' by Stephanie O'Dea
Make and share this Harvest Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker; peel and chop all of the vegetables; add to the cooker.
- Break up the ground meat and add (no need to brown in a skillet if using ground turkey or chicken).
- Add in the kidney beans and the Rotel tomatoes w/ juices; pour in the broth and seasonings; stir well.
- It may look like there isn't enough liquid, but more will be made from the vegetables and meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.