Recipe by DebiY55
I've been making this stuffing recipe for years and everyone loves it. It's not hard to make and it has a slightly sweet flavor to it that is just different enough to be great!
- 1 lb bulk country sausage
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 8 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon (or 4 cubes)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 (7 ounce) packages herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (23 ounce) jar mincemeat
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, coursely chopped
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown sausage; pour off fat.
- Add celery, mushrooms and onion; cook until onion is transparent.
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Add to sausage mixture; cook until mixture boils.
- In large bowl, pour sausage mixture over stuffing mix, mincemeat, water chestnuts and poultry seasoning. Mix well.
- Lightly stuff turkey just before roasting. Place any remaining stuffing in greased baking dish; cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot. Refrigerate leftovers.