Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a tangy salad that all the blue cheese lovers will like.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- assorted baby greens
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Brush walnuts with butter, sprinkle with salt and roast in 250 degree oven for about 15 minutes until toasted.
- Arrange greens on individual plates.
- Top with some of each; apple, walnuts and cheese.
- Drizzle lightly with dressing.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a jar and shake until well blended.
This is my new favorite salad. My husband loves it and I make it when we have people over. It's light and has lots of flavors! Great with salmon or chicken.
My husband loved this. I am always on the lookout for interesting vegetarian recipes for him ( not vegan because he loves cheese ) I used romaine and baby spinach because that was all I had. Also added a handful of fresh raspberries to the salad and a tad more olive oil to the dressing. Had to substitute dijon for dry mustard. Even with the subs, this was soooo good. Larry pays $7 for something similar with pears at a nearby restaurant. No more!
Wonderful, fast and flavorful! I love the combination of green apple and blue cheese with a tangy and slightly sweet dressing. Dressing is best when made early in the day so flavors have a chance to meld. Thanks, Babs!