The perfect fall salad with pears and dried cranberries. This recipe was adapted from The Wine Lover's cookbook. The original recipe called for pomegranate seed instead of dried cranberries.
- 1 cup riesling wine, simmred, reduced by half, and cooled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup peeled and diced pear
- Whisk all dressing ingredient together in a nonreactive mixing bowl.
- Evenly divide mixed greens in bowls and top with bleu cheese, walnuts, dried cranberries, and pears.
- Top with whisked dressing.