Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The perfect fall salad with pears and dried cranberries. This recipe was adapted from The Wine Lover's cookbook. The original recipe called for pomegranate seed instead of dried cranberries.
- 1 cup riesling wine, simmred, reduced by half, and cooled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup peeled and diced pear
- Whisk all dressing ingredient together in a nonreactive mixing bowl.
- Evenly divide mixed greens in bowls and top with bleu cheese, walnuts, dried cranberries, and pears.
- Top with whisked dressing.
This is a great fall salad utiizing the best of the season. Beautiful presentation and wonderful flavors! Definitly company worthy but easy to assemble.