1/1 Photo of Harvest Salad W/ Squash Croquettes and Maple Ranch Dressing #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry This salad contains complex textures and flavors. Both my husband and daughter advised me, "don't change a thing, it's really good."
My Private Note
2 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3 cups butternut squash, chopped into 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 cups bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1 fuji apple, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bosc pear, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1Heat oven to 325°F In a medium sized bowl, mix together parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs and packet of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips. In another medium sized bowl mix beaten eggs and Hidden Valley ® Original Ranch® dressing. In batches, place squash chunks first into the egg-dressing liquid then press into bread crumb mixture; turning as needed to thoroughly coat each piece. Place bread crumb coated squash onto a sided cookie sheet that has been generously sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray. Chill cookie sheet filled with squash croquettes in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- 2Bake in 325°F oven for 10 minutes then turn, spraying pan as turning to prevent sticking; continue baking for 5-10 additional minutes or until croquettes are crispy on outside and cooked throughout.
- 3While squash croquettes cook, assemble lettuce and spinach topped with apples, pears, bacon, and gorgonzola on a large platter.
- 4Prepare the dressing in a medium sauce pan, by whisking together the balsamic vinegar with the packet Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Salad Dressing Mix. While continually whisking, slowly add olive oil and maple syrup. Finally, add yogurt and slowly heat dressing over a medium-low heat.
- 5Place the Squash croquettes over the assembled salad and drizzle with the warm Maple Ranch Dressing. Serves 4. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Salad W/ Squash Croquettes and Maple Ranch Dressing #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.7
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 1039.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix