Recipe by cattop
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry This salad contains complex textures and flavors. Both my husband and daughter advised me, "don't change a thing, it's really good."
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3 cups butternut squash, chopped into 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 cups bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1 fuji apple, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bosc pear, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F In a medium sized bowl, mix together parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs and packet of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips. In another medium sized bowl mix beaten eggs and Hidden Valley ® Original Ranch® dressing. In batches, place squash chunks first into the egg-dressing liquid then press into bread crumb mixture; turning as needed to thoroughly coat each piece. Place bread crumb coated squash onto a sided cookie sheet that has been generously sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray. Chill cookie sheet filled with squash croquettes in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 10 minutes then turn, spraying pan as turning to prevent sticking; continue baking for 5-10 additional minutes or until croquettes are crispy on outside and cooked throughout.
- While squash croquettes cook, assemble lettuce and spinach topped with apples, pears, bacon, and gorgonzola on a large platter.
- Prepare the dressing in a medium sauce pan, by whisking together the balsamic vinegar with the packet Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Salad Dressing Mix. While continually whisking, slowly add olive oil and maple syrup. Finally, add yogurt and slowly heat dressing over a medium-low heat.
- Place the Squash croquettes over the assembled salad and drizzle with the warm Maple Ranch Dressing. Serves 4. Enjoy!