Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry This salad contains complex textures and flavors. Both my husband and daughter advised me, "don't change a thing, it's really good."
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3 cups butternut squash, chopped into 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 cups bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1 fuji apple, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bosc pear, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oven to 325°F In a medium sized bowl, mix together parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs and packet of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips. In another medium sized bowl mix beaten eggs and Hidden Valley ® Original Ranch® dressing. In batches, place squash chunks first into the egg-dressing liquid then press into bread crumb mixture; turning as needed to thoroughly coat each piece. Place bread crumb coated squash onto a sided cookie sheet that has been generously sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray. Chill cookie sheet filled with squash croquettes in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 10 minutes then turn, spraying pan as turning to prevent sticking; continue baking for 5-10 additional minutes or until croquettes are crispy on outside and cooked throughout.
- While squash croquettes cook, assemble lettuce and spinach topped with apples, pears, bacon, and gorgonzola on a large platter.
- Prepare the dressing in a medium sauce pan, by whisking together the balsamic vinegar with the packet Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Salad Dressing Mix. While continually whisking, slowly add olive oil and maple syrup. Finally, add yogurt and slowly heat dressing over a medium-low heat.
- Place the Squash croquettes over the assembled salad and drizzle with the warm Maple Ranch Dressing. Serves 4. Enjoy!
This Harvest salad was one of the best I've ever had. The warm maple ranch dressing is too amazing for words! I highly suggest you try this salad at home.
This was a hit with my whole family! And that's not an easy task with six people's different tastes at the table...