Recipe by ellie_
Although I haven't tried this salad I am planning on making it soon. It is a great way to use garden herbs with fall vegetables and fruit. Recipe was originally printed in the local newspaper.
Top Review by Rita~
Whar a fabulous mixture of greens and nuts and cheese. I cheated and use jarred beets. I used fresh rosemary and sage from the garden. The dressing was great. Walnut,Pears and Cheese Oh MY! Thanks for a great recipe.
- 2 beets, cooked and peeled
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups julienned Belgian endive
- 1 cup julienned fennel bulb
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup herb cheese (havati or other soft herb cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beets in slices, then in rings. Set aside.
- In a small jar, mix together mustard and lemon juice. Add oil to jar and shake. Add shallots, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and shake well. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together beets, endive, fennel,pear and walnuts with dressing.
- Sprinkle salad with cheese.