Recipe by Munchkin Mama
A very nice little salad, especially for Fall when apples are in season. This serves 1, but the recipe is easily adjusted for a larger group. I just use my eye because you cant really mess this one up! I like to ask the deli to slice a piece of turkey 1/2" thick and then I cube it instead of using the sliced meat. I think it adds a nice texture, especially if you use the cubed cheese. Enjoy! Adapted from Kraft.
- 1⁄2 cup granny smith apple, sliced thin (half an apple)
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing (I use Hidden Valley Ranch)
- 1⁄4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 4 slices oven roasted deli turkey, cut into strips
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, cut into cubes (or Colby or Monterey Jack)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bacon bits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat just before serving.
- For a to-go salad, put the apples in the bottom of a resealable container. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Then add the remaining ingredients. Just before you eat, give the container a quick shake to coat with the dressing. This will prevent your lunch from becoming soggy.