Top Review by LorenLou
Beautiful, and delicious to boot! There was not a scrap left after my party. Could not find raspberry jam with seeds, so used jam without seeds - do not use preserves as it does not "melt" as it should. This will definitely become one of my standard salads.
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam (with seeds)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup walnut oil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado and red onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper and salt.
- Taste, and adjust amounts to suit your liking.
- Pour over the salad and toss to coat.