Recipe by SJG3483
When you come in from harvesting (or doing anything outside in cool weather) this rice dish will hit the spot.
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cold cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon syrup
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, pulverized in blender
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside rice and nuts.
- Cook the squash in salted boiling water until just tender when pierced with a fork and then drain Remove as much pulp as possible, leaving shell in tact, and mash the pulp with all other ingredients Put the shells in a buttered dish.
- Combine with rice and put back in the squash shells.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.