Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Turn some of those gourds used for fall decorating into a creamy, tasty meal! This is a thick and hearty soup perfect for a cold winter's night. I like mine topped with a little parmesan cheese and croutons. You could use all chicken stock in this recipe, I just happened to have some vegetable stock in the fridge. The preparation time includes time to peel the gourds and apples.
- In a large pot, combine the squash, pumpkin, apple, onion and stock.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the pumpkin and squash are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mix into a food processor and blend until smooth. I did this in several batches.
- Pour the processed soup into another pot or crock pot to reheat.
- Simmer and add the cream, curry powder, salt and sugar. Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve hot or the soup can be refrigerated or frozen.