Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are great to make for breakfast on a cool Autumn day. Top these waffles with pure maple syrup (no subistutes!) and a pat of butter for a quick and comforting breakfast.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- butter and pure maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat a waffle iron. In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, pecans, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together egg, milk, pumpkin, and butter. Stir in flour mixture. Bake in a waffle iron according to manufactuer's directions until golden brown. Serve waffles immediatly with butter and maple syrup.
Made the whole batch of these the other day just for the 2 of us, & had some wonderful snacks with the leftovers! The waffles were absolutely delicious & paired very nicely with the maple syrup (though I DID have a couple with good ol' plain corn syrup)! As leftovers, I topped them with some homemade, chunky apple sauce! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]