1/5 Photos of Harvest Pumpkin-Spice Bars
3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 20 mins
Moist and delicious--with or without the frosting! It brings out all the flavours of an old-fashioned pumpkin pie; but so moist it melts in your mouth. These bars were a big hit at Thanksgiving parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chocolate chips, if desired
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Lightly grease bottom and sides of 15x10x1 inch pan (glass is best) with shortening.
- 3In large bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth.
- 4Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips, spread in pan.
- 6Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- 7Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours.
- 8In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- 9Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable.
- 10Spread frosting over bars.
- 11Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 12For bars, cut into 7 rows by 7 rows.
- 13Store in refrigerator.
- 14Tastes better the day after!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Pumpkin-Spice Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 84.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g