This was dreamt up while my sister and I were looking for a use for one large can of pumpkin pie filling. Don't be put off by the thoughts of pumpkin pie filling, it makes the recipe soooo easy, no spices to add. It is pretty rich, so enjoy in small servings. Hint-top your bowl of soup with a dollup of sour cream and a sprinkling of French Fried Onions.
My Private Note
one cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons frangelico liquor
- 30 ounces pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can Durkee onions, crushed
- 1In large pot, heat olive oil, add onion and garlic and cook until carmelized.
- 2Add Frangelico Liquor and stir until reduced to slightly thick.
- 3Add Chicken broth and pumpkin pie filling and stir.
- 4Add diced apple and stir to combine.
- 5Season with pepper and crushed red pepper.
- 6Add half and half and stir until thickened, reduce heat to low.
- 7Stir in crushed french fried onions.
- 8Cook on low for approximately 30 minutes.
- 9If you prefer your soup smoother, puree in batches in food processor until smooth.
- 10Ladle into bowls, top with dollup of sour cream and sprinkle with french fried onions if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 559.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: