Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 small sugar pumpkin
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Cut pumpkins in half and scoop out seeds.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pumpkins, flesh side down on the cookie sheet and roast until soft to the touch, about 45 minutes.
- Remove pumpkins from oven and let cool.
- Once pumpkins are cool scrape flesh from skins into a food processor.
- Discard skins.
- 2 Add chicken stock to the pumpkin and puree.
- Pour soup into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir in cream, nutmeg, sage and salt.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream.