Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious pumpkin pie recipe. Very simple and a nice presentation.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin (or 14 oz tin)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups evaporated milk or 1 1⁄3 cups light cream
- 1 pie crust
- Beat eggs.
- Add pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Blend in milk.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 425°F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes.
- Test center of pie with toothpick, must come out clean.
I have used this recipe 45 years. After trying several variations, I still go back to this version. We think it is the best! Thanks for posting.
5 Stars, very tasty, met full approval by "Pumpkin Pie Connoisseur" aka DH. Have to admit I goofed and used a 28-oz can of pumpkin (I had Inventory!), so ended up with 1 1/2 cups extra filling, and pie's proportions were altered by my mistake. Used 9" refrigerated pie crust in 9" glass pie dish, should probably use a deep-dish pie plate next time. We really enjoyed the end result though and will try again as recipe was written. Made for Photo Tag.