Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
I make these every year for Thanksgiving and they are a huge hit! I haven't made them yet with the cranberries though. ENJOY!!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries (optional)
- pecan halves (about 36)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and all spice in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed until well blended, stir in chopped pecans and cranberries with spoon.
- Drop heaping tablespoonsfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with back of spoon, and press one pecan half into center of each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or you can freeze up to 3 months.
I also didn't use the cranberries and didn't top with the pecan halves either, still.... the fam went nuts over 'em. Pardon the pun. ;) DH (aka the pumpkin fiend) says an especial, "thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"
Dana, these cookies were great! I made them with the cranberries and they were gone! I made a second batch without cranberries, but added raisins, and they too disappeared! Thanks for such a good recipe!
Dana, these were very quick to make and didn't require a lot of prep before-hand. I didn't use the cranberries either...they were fantasic as is. Thank you..we were happy (and full)! I'll try the berries next time. Although, I can't see that they would be anymore delicious. Jill