Recipe by Dana-MMH
I make these every year for Thanksgiving and they are a huge hit! I haven't made them yet with the cranberries though. ENJOY!!
Top Review by BothFex
I also didn't use the cranberries and didn't top with the pecan halves either, still.... the fam went nuts over 'em. Pardon the pun. ;) DH (aka the pumpkin fiend) says an especial, "thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- pecan halves (about 36)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and all spice in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed until well blended, stir in chopped pecans and cranberries with spoon.
- Drop heaping tablespoonsfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with back of spoon, and press one pecan half into center of each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or you can freeze up to 3 months.