Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by freddas
Made 3 changes for the recipe: Increase crust to 2 cups ginger cookie crumbs, 2 Tablespoons sugar and 7 Tablespoons butter. I LOVE crust!!! Also added 1 Tablespoon of corn starch. I'd read it helps prevent cracks and it really worked! Finally I baked it at 325, for about 10 minutes longer. Also to prevent cracks.
BUT I always get asked for the recipe and people always request me to bake this. In fact, I have one in the oven right now!!!!
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 73.94 ml butter or 73.94 ml margarine, melted
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml cooked pumpkin or 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in the butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and spices; beat just until combined.
- Pour into crust.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches of hot water; place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water-filled pan and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled (center will fall).
- Remove sides of pan just before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream.