Recipe by The Atomic Kitchen
Sugar Free (made with Splenda), virtually Fat Free and so satisfying. I made up this recipe while I was trying to loose weight after a first baby and in danger of getting diabetes.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 12 ounces pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 5 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- fat-free whipped topping or Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375, grease a deep 8 inch pan.
- I find it best to use a wooden spoon instead of a mixer to mix this batter.
- Mix first 8 ingredients, mixture will be lumpy.
- Add egg whites, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla, continue stiring for a minute or two, but mix should remain lumpy.
- Pour into greased pan, bake 25-35 minutes or until cake seems set and a warm orange brown color on top.
- Cake will remain soft but should hold together well.
- I like to serve warm with Fat Free Whipped Topping, or for truly sugar free just sprinkle some Splenda on top.