Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A great pumpkin bread (loaf)to make, and worth making, great for giving. Don't be scared because of all the ingredients. And taste really good.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small orange zest, of finely grated (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C).
- Lightly oil a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- In a large.
- bowl, stir flour with baking powder, salt, baking soda, spices and orange peel.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk egg with vanilla, oil, juice, pumpkin, milk and sugar.
- Pour into centre of dry ingredients.
- Stir just until mixed.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan and smooth top.
- Bake in centre of 350F oven until tester inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean, from 55 to 60 min.
- Place pan on rack to cool for 5 min.
- Run a knife around inside of pan, then turn out loaf and cool.
We liked this pumpkin bread (especially my husband), but I personally would prefer one that tastes more of pumpkin.