Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fall is the time to stock up on canned pure pumpkin which is an amazing ingredient for dogs. Constipated? A little pumpkin can help. Runny stools? A little pumpkin can help. Upset tummy or trying to transition to a new food? Again, a little pumpkin can help! This recipe is not only tasty but chock full of incredibly healthy pumpkin. Only use fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin, never pumpkin pie mix which has sugar and other harmful ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix together all ingredients in medium size bowl.
- Shape into balls and place on lined baking sheet. This dough is very sticky so I let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for easier handling. Then I scoop out balls with my silicone melon scooper and let them chill for about 10 minutes. Then I cut those balls in half with a sharp knife and roll into small balls.
- If you don't want to spend the time forming the balls, use a spatula to smooth out the mixture on the lined baking sheet. When halfway baked, score with a pizza cutter. Watch your cooking time as the thinner they are the faster they will bake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Note: To make them really crispy turn off the oven and leave the treats in for another 20 minutes. These treats have a crispy outside with a soft, moist center which means they will mold like any baked good. Keep refrigerated up to a week or freeze up to three months.