Recipe by Kree
All the flavors of Autumn combined into one scrumptious bread. This tastes great with coffee or tea! I make this using Egg Beaters and unsweetened applesauce in place of half the oil to make it healthier. Prep time includes cooling time.
Top Review by Steph KP
YUM! Used 2 cups sugar (not 3), subbed 1 cup sweetened applesauce for the oil, subbed in 1 cup whole wheat flour for one of the white, added in walnuts and oatmeal.
Easy and delicious. It stays moist for days! I made muffins instead and it took about 30 mins to bake.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (such as Libby's)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (or water)
- 1 large baking apple, peeled,cored and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make using three 8 X 4-inch loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
- To make using five or six 5 X 3-inch mini-loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.