Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
All the flavors of Autumn combined into one scrumptious bread. This tastes great with coffee or tea! I make this using Egg Beaters and unsweetened applesauce in place of half the oil to make it healthier. Prep time includes cooling time.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (such as Libby's)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (or water)
- 1 large baking apple, peeled,cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make using three 8 X 4-inch loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
- To make using five or six 5 X 3-inch mini-loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
YUM! Used 2 cups sugar (not 3), subbed 1 cup sweetened applesauce for the oil, subbed in 1 cup whole wheat flour for one of the white, added in walnuts and oatmeal.
Easy and delicious. It stays moist for days! I made muffins instead and it took about 30 mins to bake.
Awesome! Even with cutting the sugar back to 2 cups and only using 1/2 cup oil and half whole wheat flour for the flour, this turns out great. Let it cool first to get the best flavor. It's not as flavorful right out of the oven. I do put in a little more apple. I got 5 mini loaves and another regular size loaf out of one batch. This freezes well. Thanks for sharing!
I have to admit, I did not make this bread or try it. But I passed this one on to a co-worker who was looking for a bread to take to a Thanksgiving dinner. She made it and reported back to me with rave reviews. I can't wait to make it myself!