Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
When I was a kid I collected recipes to make for my family some day. I found this recipe years ago and tried it with my mom. It came out very good. Since then I server these with many different meals. You may try this with fresh herbs although I never have.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 tablespoons onions, chopped fine, and divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel potatoes then slice very thin.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place 2 TBSP melted butter in a 10", oven proof skillet.
- Be sure to spray well with non stick cooking spray first.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potatoes in the skillet in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 teaspoons mixed seasonings.
- Drizzle with about 4 teaspoons melted butter.
- Sprinkle with 2 TBSP onion.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover tightly with foil, press layers down.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Remonve from oven and press layers down with a spatula.
- Let stad for 10 minutes then invert onto serving platter to unmold potatoes.
Delicious! These potatoes were so tender and full of flavor, you can really taste the herbs. Very easy to prepare. I did cut it in half and used an 8 inch pan. Worked great. Thanks for posting. :)