Recipe by KGCOOK
When I was a kid I collected recipes to make for my family some day. I found this recipe years ago and tried it with my mom. It came out very good. Since then I server these with many different meals. You may try this with fresh herbs although I never have.
Top Review by teresas
Delicious! These potatoes were so tender and full of flavor, you can really taste the herbs. Very easy to prepare. I did cut it in half and used an 8 inch pan. Worked great. Thanks for posting. :)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 tablespoons onions, chopped fine, and divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel potatoes then slice very thin.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place 2 TBSP melted butter in a 10", oven proof skillet.
- Be sure to spray well with non stick cooking spray first.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potatoes in the skillet in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 teaspoons mixed seasonings.
- Drizzle with about 4 teaspoons melted butter.
- Sprinkle with 2 TBSP onion.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover tightly with foil, press layers down.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Remonve from oven and press layers down with a spatula.
- Let stad for 10 minutes then invert onto serving platter to unmold potatoes.