Chef #208121's Note:
A vegetable pot pie suitable for serving for Thanksgiving Dinner. From Vegetarian Times 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb butternut squash, cubed
- 5 small red potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 lb green beans, halved
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 17 1/3 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed or 17 1/3 ounces your favorite vegan pastry dough
- 1Heat oil over med low heat.
- 2Add mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic and thyme. Cover.
- 3Cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4Uncover, increase heat to med and cook 5 minutes more or until mushrooms begin to brown.
- 5Add wine, simmer two minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- 6Add squash, potatoes, beans, corn and 5 cups water. Cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- 7Whisk cornstarch with 1/2 cup liquid from veggies.
- 8Simmer a minute or until thickened. If making ahead cool and put in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- 9Preheat oven to 425F
- 10Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 11Cut 4 circles from one puff pastry sheet. Repeat with remaining sheet.
- 12Cut leaves from scraps.
- 13Chill tops and leave 15 minutes.
- 14Adhere leaves to top by brushing on water.
- 15Bake 15 minutes or until brown and puffy.
- 16Store cooked tops up to 2 days in air tight container.
- 17Reheat filling, warm tops if needed.
- 18Ladle filling into small pie dishes or ramekins.
- 19Top with crusts and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Pot Pie / Pies
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.9
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 184.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g