Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A vegetable pot pie suitable for serving for Thanksgiving Dinner. From Vegetarian Times 2006
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb butternut squash, cubed
- 5 small red potatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, halved
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 17 1⁄3 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed or 17 1⁄3 ounces your favorite vegan pastry dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over med low heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic and thyme. Cover.
- Cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, increase heat to med and cook 5 minutes more or until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add wine, simmer two minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Add squash, potatoes, beans, corn and 5 cups water. Cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch with 1/2 cup liquid from veggies.
- Simmer a minute or until thickened. If making ahead cool and put in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut 4 circles from one puff pastry sheet. Repeat with remaining sheet.
- Cut leaves from scraps.
- Chill tops and leave 15 minutes.
- Adhere leaves to top by brushing on water.
- Bake 15 minutes or until brown and puffy.
- Store cooked tops up to 2 days in air tight container.
- Reheat filling, warm tops if needed.
- Ladle filling into small pie dishes or ramekins.
- Top with crusts and serve.