Defiantly a fall time main meal Done in the crock pot it becomes an easy meal. So many different vegetables you get it all in one dish! Change the vegetables and change the seasoning for a new twist each time you make this I got the idea from another recipe but changed some ingredients and ended up with this. When this was done, I thought that I had used ground pork!
- 1 lb tenderized pork cutlet, cut into one inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup carrot, and sliced
- 1 ears of corn, broke into small pieces or 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- cornstarch, to thicken with
- Cut cutlets into bite sized pieces.
- Put oil in skillet and heat till hot.
- Coat the meat with the flour, use more if necessary.
- Fry meat till done.
- In the mean time put the vegetable in the crock pot.
- Pour in the 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Add the meat.
- Add the salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Toss to mix and cover.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Pour the 1 cup broth into mixing cup.
- Add enough cornstarch to thicken broth to desired consistency.
- Pour over stew and mix well enough to coat with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.