Recipe by Denise in NH
I found this recipe at cdkitchen.com. My local grocery store was offering a buy one get one free on boneless pork shoulders. I found this recipe and it was so good! I started it before I left for work and the smell in the kitchen when I got home was making me so hungry! Hope you enjoy...by the way...the leftovers are excellent...I think leftovers over buttered noodles, but the mashed potatoes were great too
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 12 ounces home-style pork gravy
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12-inch non stick skillet with cooking spray. If pork roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Cook pork in skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- Spray 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork in cooker. Arrange mushrooms and onion around pork. Mix gravy and tomato paste in small bowl; pour over pork and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours.
- Place pork on cutting board. Remove netting or strings. Stir gravy in cooker, serve with pork.