Recipe by Janet W
I found this in a Down-Home Cooking book and tried it the other night. My husband said that I can make this anytime I want he loved it. It also tasted a bit better a few nights later when we had it for leftovers :)
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs pork roast
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed onions (1/2" diced)
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 4 large Red Delicious apples, quartered and cored
- 3 acorn squash, sliced horizontally 1 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, add onions and garlic; saute until onions are crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add honey, mustard and pepper to onions and garlic in skillet; mix well.
- Spray large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place pork roast in center of roasing pan.
- Pour onion mixture evenly over roast.
- Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours, basting often with pan juices.
- Arrange apples and squash around roast.
- Baste roast, apples, and squash several times with pan juices; cover.
- Bake an additional hour; basting occasionally, or until apples and squash are tender.
- Sprinkle cranberries evenly over dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.