Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light. Prepare a day in advance and store at room temperature.
- 1 (2 1/4 lb) butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 pkg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Position oven rack to lowest setting. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place squash , cut sides down on a foil lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 30 min or until squash is tender. Cool slightly and peel. Mash pulp to measure 2 1/2 cups Combine pulp and milk in a food processor; process until smooth. Add granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients; process until smooth.
- Increase oven temp to 425°F.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in a med bowl; cut in butter using 2 knives or a pastry blender. Add pecans and toss to combine.
- Roll dough into a 13" circle; fit into a 9" deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute. Pour squash mixture into prepared crust. Place pie on bottom rack; bake 15 minute Remove pie from oven.
- Reduce heat to 350°F Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over filling.; shield crust with foil. Return pie to oven; bake an additional 40 min or until center is set. Cool on wire rack.