Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This pudding makes use of orchard and hedgerow autumn fruit. It's simple, warming and is lovely served with cream or plain vanilla ice-cream.
- 3 pears
- 4 ounces blackberries
- 1⁄4 pint red wine
- 1⁄4 pint sweet apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Peel the pears whole and put in a pan with the blackberries. Pour the red wine over and add the mixed spice and ginger.
- Poach the fruit over a low heat until tender then remove the pears, cut in half and remove the cores before returning to the pan.
- Add the sweet cider and boil rapidly until sauce has reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Serve hot with cream or ice-cream.