Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups firm packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream peanut butter and butter.
- Gradually add sugar,beating well.
- Add eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour,baking powder and salt,add to creamed mixture alternately with milk,beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan completely.
- Spread frosting on top of cake and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- FROSTING: Cream peanut butter,gradually add half the sugar,beating well.
- Add remaining sugar alternately with milk,beating until smooth enough to spread.