Recipe by Charlotte J
Pancakes topped with cranberries, apples and walnuts sauteed in a butter and spice mixture.
Top Review by Rita~
This makes an instant pie crust. The side fill up along the pie dish and the center stays low. Just fill it with this tangy fruit mixture and walla a delish breakfast brunch or dessert. I used my Recipe #259671 making this very easy for me. I just added cranberries to the apples and heat till berries softened. Added 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Thanks!!!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups ocean spray fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 apples, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine all batter ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat using an electric mixer for one minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook all filling ingredients in a skillet until cranberries and apples have softened.
- Remove pancake from oven.
- If center has puffed, place a clean potholder or dishtowel on top and gently push down.
- Spoon filling into center of pancake.
- Serve immediately.