Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
A creamy caramel nut filling accented with just a touch of brandy and topped with a drizzle of chocolate. Drooling yet?
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts (pecans, hazelnuts and/or macadamia nuts)
- 1⁄3 cup whole almonds or 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 28 caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts, toasted (pecans, hazelnuts and/or macadamia nuts)
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract (or brandy)
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips or 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts, almonds and sugar in 5-cup blender container or food processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
- Cover, blend at high speed until finely ground (Do not grind into paste).
- Stir together butter and vanilla in medium bowl until well mixed, add ground nut mixture, stir just until dough holds together.
- Press onto bottom of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine caramels and half-and-half in 2-quart saucepan, cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth (15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat, gently stir 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts and brandy extract into caramel mixture.
- Spoon onto cooled crust and spread to coat evenly,cool 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and oil in 1-quart saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth (3 to 5 minutes), drizzle over tart.
- Serve with whipped cream.