Member #610488's Note:
These carrot-apple pancakes are feather-light even though they are made with wholegrain flour. The secret is to use whole-wheat pastry flour (not bread flour). Look for it in the natural section of your grocery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk (add 2 Tbsp lemon juice) or 2 cups buttermilk (skip to eggs and melted butter step)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (not bread flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small apple, chopped very small (with skin)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Combine low-fat milk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2While milk is souring, combine dry ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Add eggs and melted butter to sour/butter milk mixture and whisk together until blended.
- 3Add milk mixture to dry ingredients along with carrots, apple, and walnuts. Stir until just blended. If mixture is too thick, add a bit more milk.
- 4Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto hot, oiled skillet or griddle and cook until edges are set. Flip once and cook until done.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Moon Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.1
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 420.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g