Recipe by Engrossed
From Martha Green's Cooking Things on our local public radio.
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
123 Hit Wonders 2008 ~ I really enjoyed this but DH thought it was a bit too pungent. As I can't get Gulden's mustard here, I used a wholegrain mustard, which I think I would cut back on a bit next time. I quartered the recipe as it was only the two of us. When I selected this recipe I had already taken chicken breasts out of the freezer so I browned them in my cast iron pan and piled the remaining ingredients on top and put under the grill. This cut down the total cooking time to about 15-20 minutes. Thanks Engrossed!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked crisp, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover and chill.
- Spray a foil-lined baking tray lightly. Place the frozen chicken breasts in the pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until done.
- Place breasts on an ovenproof platter. Top each breast with the horseradish mustard sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese and then the bacon pieces.
- Broil for 1-1/2 minutes or until the cheese is blended with the sauce and lightly browned. Just before serving, sprinkle each breast with paprika.