Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
I clipped this recipe out of the paper. It's a little different from the usual pumpkin bread; a nice combination of autumn spices and chocolate chips.
Top Review by ernie wood
I have been making this recipe for a while now. I actually make these into muffins. When making muffins, cut the cook time in half. They taste great and make a great gift in baskets at Christmas time.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, mixing well. Blend in eggs.
- To the butter and sugar mixture add flour mixture and pumpkin alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes. Test periodically with a toothpick or cake tester until it comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.