Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I clipped this recipe out of the paper. It's a little different from the usual pumpkin bread; a nice combination of autumn spices and chocolate chips.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, mixing well. Blend in eggs.
- To the butter and sugar mixture add flour mixture and pumpkin alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes. Test periodically with a toothpick or cake tester until it comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.