Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The classic combination of these herbs bring flavor and life to this delicious bread. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shopped nuts (optional)
- egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the marjoram, oregano, basil, thyme, raisins, nuts, egg replacer, sweetener, oil, vinegar and milk.
- Mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.