Top Review by CaliforniaJan
So glad I found your recipe, it is delicious and so easy to customize. I used onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes and a can of diced chilis in the mix with the meat. I also made my own spice blend with chili powder, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. I had mine on salad greens with salsa for a low calorie dinner. My DH had his in tortillas...
- 566.99 g lean ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, diced (2 cups)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 236.59 ml chopped tomato
- 177.44 ml frozen corn, thawed
- 4.92 ml olive oil, divided
- 44.37-59.16 ml taco seasoning
- 78.07 ml water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet heat 1/2 tsp of oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey, salt and pepper to taste, and cook through until no longer pink. Remove to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onions, peppers, and zucchini. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in corn and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of seasoning and mix. Add ground turkey, water, and remaining seasoning. Mix well.
- Add tomatoes, mix well, and cook until heated through.