Recipe by Tish
Took this out of the Taste of Home November/December 2001 issue per community request.
- 1 cup water (70-80 deg)
- 2 tablespoons water (70-80 deg)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softended
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash allspice
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried fruit (dried cherries, cranberries and/or raisins)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 Tbs water or flour if needed).
- Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add fruit and pecans.