Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a chicken stew with 'dumplings' and rice. It is prepared in the crock pot and very savory. We shred and freeze one lb. bags of zucchini, but fresh should work as well.
- 49 1⁄4 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces corn chowder (I prefer Olde Cape Cod brand)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb shredded zucchini
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 8 ounces white pearl onions
- 4 ounces chopped celery
- 8 ounces uncooked white rice
- 10 mrs.t's brand potato & cheese pierogies
- 2 ounces italian seasoning or 2 ounces french herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In crock pot mix broth, soup, vegetables, chicken, and dried herbs.
- Cook covered on high for 2 hours.
- Add rice and other spices.
- Cook for half an hour.
- Add frozen pierogies and cook for half to one full hour until soup forms, lower heat if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe sounds so much better than it is.