Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
found this in a gooseberry patch christmas book... have made it multiple times. I actually pack it around the tenderloin in the last 30 minutes of baking time.
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups whole wheat bread, cubed
- apple cider
- Saute apples and raisins in butter, add nuts, brown sugar and bread cubes.
- Add enough juice to moisten to desired texture.
- Bake in 2-quart casserole for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Podapo, you were SO right!! This dressing was a perfect compliment to the pork tenderloin I made last night podapo! I used your suggestion and packed around the tenderloin during the last 1/2 hour of cooking and it was perfect. I made it using the walnuts as this is what I had. Usually, I am not much of a dressing eater, but I took your advice and am SOOOOO glad I did. Great flavor and texture, and a easy addition to the meal. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe! :)