Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Rachael Ray recipe. I double this. Everyone loves it
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb small potato, cut into small chunks
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 5 -6 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- In a medium soup pot, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp at the edges. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, corn, zucchini, thyme, bay leaf and paprika and cook for 4 minutes. Sprinkle the flour into the pot, stir and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the broth and simmer until thickened a bit.
- Stir in the milk, cream and parsley and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Season the corn choup to taste with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce and serve with crackers or popcorn to float on top.
This is a fabulous recipe! I make it all the time. Everyone down to my picky toddlers love this soup!!