Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From the Border Cookbook, posted for ZWT 3, Mexico.
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 ounces mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces goat cheese (or cream cheese, room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup mild green chili, chopped and roasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- preheat oven to 350. grease a medium baking dish.
- in a food processor or blender, puree 2 cups of the corn. transfer the pureed corn and the remaining kernels to a large mixing bowl.
- mix in remaining ingredients. pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- bake the pudding for 50-55 minutes, till lightly browned and just firm.
- serve warm.
Buddha says this is a dish his aunt makes called Mexican corn bread. I can't say as I have never had hers, but I can say that this recipe is yummy. simple and quick to put together. Thanks for posting. :)