Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a pretty Thanksgiving side dish that adds something special anytime. This recipe can easily be adapted for large gatherings. Happy Holidays & Enjoy! :)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain black beans and reserve 1/4 cup of liquid. Add beans, reserved liquid and remaining ingredients to sauce pan and cook on medium, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
Good but bit bland for my tastes. Didn't have plain oregano so used Italian Seasoning instead, and Ketchup instead of tomato paste. Will probably make again.
I added a little southwest seasoning to it.. Yum
We really enjoyed this dish. The flavors blended very well together. I didn't have tomato paste so used tomato sauce instead and that worked very well for us. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 09