Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
A beautiful rolled cake that tastes delicious.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml cooked pumpkin
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml water
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml water
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Filling:.
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar.
- Beat in pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Slowly add whipping cream, beating until slightly thickened.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line jellyroll pan or baking pan with sides, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1", with foil.
- Generously grease foil.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl on high speed of mixer until soft peaks form.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and vanilla in medium bowl 3 minutes; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating 2 additional minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to yolk mixture alternately with water, beating on low speed just until smoothe.
- Gradually add chocolate mixture into beaten whites with rubber spatula until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert on clean towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Carefully peel off foil.
- Immediately roll cake in towel, starting from narrow end; place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cake with filling; reroll without towel.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat; add cocoa and water, stirring until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth.
- Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Spoon glaze over top of rolled cake.
- Regrigerate until just before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover.